duminică, 27 octombrie 2013
READING AND WRITING TARGETS 2 - UNIT 3
Rezolvarea exercitiilor de la UNIT 3 din caietul de limba engleza pentru clasa VI intitulat READING AND WRITING TARGETS 2, Editura Express Publishing, Autori Virginia Evans si Jenny Dooney, Editia 2011
UNIT 3: A Home away from Home …
Pages 12 - 15
· A – Rose Villa B – The Marton Apartment
· 1. main features foe home A: for up to five or six people, near beach, living room (TV, sofa), kitchen (electric cooker, fridge), three bedrooms (each with two beds), two bathrooms (bath, basin, toilet)
2. main features foe home B: for up to three people, near the best shops and restaurants, living room (TV, sofa, fireplace), two bedrooms (double bed, single bed), bathroom (shower, basin, toilet) kitchen (electric cooker, fridge).
· 1. special features foe home A: small garden
2. special features foe home B: balcony, next to square full of flowers
7. double bed
8. single bed
a. in a bedroom: wardrobe, double bed, single bed
b. in a kitchen: cooker, dishwasher, fridge
c. in a bathroom: bath, shower, basin
d. in a living-room: armchair, sofa, fireplace
We use there is before a singular noun.
We use there are before a plural noun.
2. town centre
3. up to five or six
4. living-room/ kitchen
5. kitchen/ living-room
10. have lunch
3. beside/ next to
4. in front of
6. Next to/ Beside
- There is a sofa between the large fireplace and the old lamp.
- There is a beautiful garden with lovely flowers.
- There is a small television and a modern stereo in the living-room.
- There is a comfortable armchair next to the fireplace. …
1. There is a shop downstairs where you can buy flowers.
2. There is a restaurant where you can eat delicious steaks.
3. It has got a beach where you can sunbathe.
4. There is a garden where you can play.
5. There are some shops where you can buy expensive clothes.
A: Can you tell me about Holly Cottage, please?
B: Well, it’s the biggest and the best of all our holiday homes in Marton. It’s a large house for up to eight people.
A: Where is it?
B: It’s three miles from the town centre.
A: Is it near the sea?
B: Yes, it is.
A: How many rooms are there?
B: There are four bedrooms, a living-room, a kitchen and two bathrooms.
1. There is a TV and a comfortable sofa in the living-room.
2. There are two single beds in each of the four bedrooms.
3. There is a cooker, a fridge and a dishwasher in the kitchen.
4. There is a shower in one bathroom and a bath in the other.
5. There is a big garden and a double garage. You can have a barbecue in the garden and you can park two cars in the double garage.
Holly Cottage is a large house for up to eight people. It is near the sea and three miles from the town centre. It has got four bedrooms with two single beds in each one. There is a living-room with a comfortable sofa where you can watch TV. There is also a kitchen with a cooker, a fridge and a dishwasher. The house has got two bathrooms; one with a shower and one with a bath. This lovely holiday home has a big garden where children can play and a double garage where you can park two cars.