luni, 14 octombrie 2019
luni, 22 iulie 2019
What time is it?
What's the time?
😃 Cat este ceasul? 😃
It is / It's one o'clock. = Este ora 1:00.
It is / It's ten past one. = Este 1:10.
It is / It's a quarter past one. = Este 1:15.
It is / It's twenty past one. = Este 1:20.
It is / It's twenty-five past one. = Este 1:25.
It is / It's half past one. = Este 1:30.
It is / It's twenty to two. = Este 1:40.
It is / It's a quarter to two. = Este 1:45.
sâmbătă, 18 mai 2019
- Someone might pull out of a race or competition because they are ill or injured.
- Three things that are now obsolete (no longer in use) are record players, Routemaster buses, pesetas.
- The opposite of denying an allegation is admitting (to) an allegation.
- Someone might make a prototype when they are inventing something.
- The weather, a cancellation of some kind, your friend not showing up etc. can all ruin your day.
- To libel someone you would write something untrue about them.
- Companies can outsource factory workers, IT or call centre workers because it is cheaper.
- You might find loopholes in the law which could save you from being prosecuted. Lawyers might look for them.
- When people rampage through the streets they make a lot of noise and may damage things.
- People might freak out if they are scared or panicking.
- A government may need to bail out a company or bank because they are at risk of going bankrupt.
- A type of behaviour or dress might be frowned on because someone disapproves of it.
- You find inmates in prison.
- Most companies have to pay overheads for rent, utilities, supplies, etc.
- You might give someone a head start in a race because you have an unfair advantage over them e.g. a child