duminică, 27 octombrie 2013

READING AND WRITING TARGETS 2 - UNIT 1


Rezolvarea exercitiilor de la UNIT 1 din caietul de limba engleza pentru clasa VI intitulat READING AND WRITING TARGETS 2, Editura Express Publishing, Autori Virginia Evans si Jenny Dooney, Editia 2011

UNIT 1: New Friends …
Pages 4 -7

Exercise 1

a)
1. Isabel
2. Rosa
3. Philip
4. Marcia
5. Fredrico

b)
·       The letter starts with Dear Hasan.
·       The letter finishes with Best wishes, Isabel Garcia.
·       a) Dear John
·       a) Best wishes, c) Love and kisses, and d) Love,

Exercise 2

1. Spain
2. Philip
3. Rosa
4. Geography
5. cats

Exercise 3

A 2   B 4   C 1   D 3

Exercise 4

a. builder
b. postman
c. waiter
d. vet
e. hairdresser
f. baker

Exercise 5

1. families
2. sisters
3. horses
4. discos
5. singers
6. cities
7. actors
8. subjects

Exercise 6

Name: Isabel Garcia
Age: 14 (years old)
Nationality: Spanish
Address: 25, Plaza de Toros, Granada, Spain
Family: father – Philip – chemist
               mother – Marcia
               brother – Frederico
               sisterRosa
Pets: dogPluto
Likes: tennis, Geography, pop music, dogs, Elton John, Melanie Griffith
Dislikes: basketball, Chemistry, opera, cats

Isabel Garcia is 14 years old. She is Spanish. She lives at 25, Plaza de Toros in Granada in Spain. Her father’s name is Philip and he is a chemist. Her mother’s name is Marcia. Her brother’s name is Frederico and her sister’s name is Rosa. She has got a dog. Her dog’s name is Pluto. Isabel likes tennis, Geography, pop music, dogs, Elton John and Melanie Griffith. She doesn’t like basketball, Chemistry, opera and cats.

Exercise 7

1. Yes, she does.
2. No, she doesn’t.
3. I don’t know.
4. Yes, she does.

Exercise 8

1. difficult
2. fantastic
3. boring
4. new
5. big
6. tasteless
7. tiring
8. safe

Exercise 9

1. and
2. because
3. but
4. and
5. because

Exercise 10

A. watching TV
B. reading
C. painting
D. listening to music
E. going to the cinema
F. dancing
G. eating pizza
H. swimming
I. fishing
J. playing tennis

Exercise 11

·       I like swimming because it’s easy.
·       I don’t like playing tennis because it’s difficult.
·       I like painting because it’s relaxing…

Exercise 12

Name
Country
Nationality
Abdul
Carla
Miguel
Murat
Diana
Paola
Dimitri
Marak
Egypt
Italy
Mexico
Turkey
Britain
Brazil
Greece
Poland
Egyptian
Italian
Mexican
Turkish
British
Brazilian
Greek
Polish

2. My name’s Carla. I’m from Italy. I’m Italian.
3. My name’s Miguel. I’m from Mexico. I’m Mexican.
4. My name’s Murat. I’m from Turkey. I’m Turkish.
5. My name’s Diana. I’m from Britain. I’m British.
6. My name’s Paola. I’m from Brazil. I’m Brazilian.
7. My name’s Dimitri. I’m from Greece. I’m Greek.
8. My name’s Marak. I’m from Poland. I’m Polish.

Exercise 13

Questions:
·       Which cities can you see on the map? (Glasgow, Birmingham)
·       Which town can you see on the map? (Swansea)
·       Which villages can you see on the map? (Hamilton, Congleton)

2. … is a town in …
3. … is a village in …
4. … is a village in England.
5. … is a city in Scotland.

Exercise 14

I am = I’m
You are = You’re
He is = He’s
She is = She’s

It is = It’s
We are = We’re
You are = You’re
They are = They’re

Exercise 15

My name’s Helen. I am your pen-friend. My father’s name is Richard. He’s a teacher. My mother’s name is Sarah and she’s a nurse. I like dancing. My favourite subject is Maths. It’s easy!

Exercise 16

Name: Kathy Williams
Age: 15
Nationality: American
Address: 102, Player Crescent, Los Angeles, California, USA
Family: father – Steve – film director
              mother – Jenny – teacher
              brother – Greg
              sister – Ann
Pets: dog – Spot
Likes: sailing, tennis, dancing
Dislikes: windsurfing, golf

Exercise 17

Aici raspunsurile variaza de la elev la elev. Un posibil raspuns poate fi urmatorul:

                                                                         102, Player Crescent,
                                                                          Los Angeles,
                                                                          California, USA
                                                                         15th September, 2013

Dear Lisa,
        Hello! My name is Kathy Williams and I’m your new pen-friend. I’m fifteen years old and I’m American. I live in Los Angeles, California in the United States of America.
         My father’s name is Steve. He’s a film director. My mother’s name is Jenny and she’s a teacher. My brother’s name id Greg and my sister’s name is Ann. I’ve got a dog. Its name is Spot.
        I like sailing but I don’t like windsurfing. I love playing tennis but I don’t like golf because it’s boring. I love dancing. My favourite actor is Tom Cruise. He’s fantastic.
        Please write soon and tell me all about yourself.
                                                              Best wishes,
                                                               Kathy Williams


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu