miercuri, 21 martie 2018
Rezolvarea exercitiilor din manualul de limba engleza pentru clasa IX intitulat OUTCOMES UPPER-INTERMEDIATE, Editura Heinle Cengage Learning, Autori Hugh Dellar, Andrew Walkley, Editia 2011
- People network to build up business contacts.
- The opposite of upholding a decision is overturning a decision.
- Jobs which might be emotionally draining often involve troubled people e.g. social worker.
- People bluff when they have bad cards and they want to convince their opponents their cards are good (e.g. at poker)
- A person, a car, a computer could be temperamental, I.e. mood-changing or unreliable.
- It’s good if cancer goes into remission.
- People flee an area because there is war, an earthquake or a flood.
- You might need a skin graft when you have burns.
- A drain/ sink could clog/ clog-up with mud, food or rubbish.
- If a town or city is sacked it is attacked and valuable goods are destroyed/ stolen.
- You could confess to a crime, an accident (when you broke something), a n affair, etc.
- Hare Krishna is a chant. There are also football/ sport chants.
- If a team is relegated, it goes down to the next division. The opposite is promoted.
- You might glare at someone who has been rude.
- Shops might get looted during a war or after a natural disaster.