sâmbătă, 28 septembrie 2013
GRAMMARWAY 2 - UNIT 1
Rezolvarea exercitiilor de la UNIT 1 din manualul de limba engleza pentru clasa VI intitulat ENGLISH GRAMMAR BOOK – GRAMMARWAY 2, Editura Express Publishing, Autori Jenny Dooney si Virginia Evans, Editia 1998
UNIT 1: Present Continuous – Present Simple
+ ing: studying, mending, trying, cooking, sleeping
-ie – y + ing: lying, dying
-e – ing: diving, writing, taking
Double consonant + ing: swimming, shopping, stopping, sitting
2. am/ ‘m not doing
3. Is Dad painting
4. is/’s running
5. are playing
6. is/’s studying
7. are making
8. Are you listening
2. are having
3. are wearing
4. is wearing
5. are smiling
6. are talking
7. are listening
8. is drinking
10. are enjoying
2. SA: Are the four people having dinner? SB: Yes, they are.
3. SA: Are the children talking? SB: No, they aren’t. they are listening.
4. SA: Is the girl drinking some juice? SB: No, she isn’t. she’s drinking some Coke.
5. SA: Is the boy eating some ice-cream? SB: No, he isn’t. he’s eating some bread.
-s: opens, prays, puts, likes, says, plays, begins
-es: mixes, misses, does, catches, washes, watches, passes
-ies: dries, cries, copies
2. Do you come
5. does not/ n’t know
/s/: looks, speaks, kicks, puts, walks, jumps, coughs, helps, writes, eats
/iz/: catches, brushes, dances, closes, watches, washes, loses, changes
/z/: drives, rides, opens, plays, knows, sees, listens, travels, rains
3. is/’s working
4. do you do
5. are you packing, am/’m flying
6. doesn’t know
7. is/’s taking
2. Is he always on time for work?
3. Karen sometimes has cereal for breakfast.
4. Paul doesn’t usually listen to music in the evening.
5. The children rarely help with the housework.
6. Must you always play your music so loud?
7. Sheila can never park her car properly.
2. always get up
4. is not/n’t
5. is packing
6. is going
7. is singing
8. is looking for
9. is calling
10. leaves/ is leaving
11. is Charlie going
3. SA: Does Charlie start work at 4 o’clock every morning? SB: Yes, he does.
4. SA: Is Charlie going on holiday today? SB: No, he isn’t. He’s going on holiday today.
5. SA: Is Charlie singing to himself? SB: Yes, he is.
6. SA: Is Charlie looking for his tickets right now? SB: Yes, he is.
7. SA: Is the plane leaving/ Does the plane leave in an hour? SB: Yes, it is/ does.
8. SA: Is Charlie going to
SB: No, he isn’t. He’s going to . Hawaii
2. What does the nurse do? She looks after patients. Is she looking after patients now? No, she isn’t. She’s reading a book.
3. What does the maid do? She cleans the house. Is she cleaning the house now? No, she isn’t. She’s talking on the phone.
4. What does the vet do? He treats animals. Is he treating animals now? No, he isn’t. He’s listening to music.
5. What does the mechanic do? He repairs cars. Is he repairing cars now? No, he isn’t. He’s eating a sandwich.
6. What does the waiter do? He serves customers. Is he serving customers now? No, she isn’t. He’s reading a newspaper.
2. Do I know
4. is starring
6. is he coming
10. is he staying
12. doesn’t like
13. is/’s staying
2. does this sign mean
3. usually meet
4. is/’s training
6. are playing
7. doesn’t usually have
9.are not/ n’t going
10. Does Pierre speak, speaks
2. ‘m writing
3. am/’m repairing
4. usually ride
8. ‘m working
10. is leaving
1. Steve is going fishing tomorrow.
2. Rebecca washes her hair every day.
3. I visit my grandparents every week.
4. Tim doesn’t want to do his homework.
5. He is sitting on the floor at the moment.
6. Do you always watch TV in the evenings?
7. Sarah drinks coffee every morning.
8. They don’t usually go on holiday in May.
9. Does she work late? No, she never does.
10. Peter is looking for a new house at the moment.
1. are/ ‘re always leaving
2. Do you like, does it cost
3. is, is/’s snowing
A. Mrs Henderson usually cooks. The children usually watch TV.
B. Mrs Henderson is sitting under a tree. She is reading a magazine. Tom is riding his bicycle. Mary is drawing a picture.
… usually cooks and Tom and Mary usually watch TV.
… is sitting under a tree. She is reading a magazine. Tom is riding his bicycle and Mary is drawing a picture.