joi, 2 mai 2013

READING AND WRITING TARGETS 1 - STUDENT'S BOOK - UNIT 16




Rezolvarea exercitiilor de la Unit 16: DROP ME A LINE! din manualul de limba engleza pentru clasa a V-a intitulat READING AND WRITING TARGETS - Student's Book, Editura Express Publishing, Autori Virginia Evans si Jenny Doodley,  Editia 2011

Unit 16

ex 1/ page 64 

The email is to my English friend. I should describe my new house to them. I should write about how big it is and how many rooms it has got. I should also tell them about my favourite room and my new neighbourhood.

ex 2/ page 64 

1.D
2. B
3. A
4. C


 ex 3/ page 64 

Informal linkers:
moved and our; in house because I have; things there and nobody; by bus because it’s too far

Short verb forms:
We’ve just; It’s bigger; It’s my favourite; It’s very attractive; it’s too far; I’m sure you’ll like it; Can’t wait

Short sentences:
Let me know.

Omission of pronouns:
(I) Can’t wait.

ex 4/ page 64 

1.    O
2.     C
3.     C
4.     O
5.     O
6.     O
7.     C
8.     C
9.     O
10. C

ex 5/ page 64 

Opening: It was good to hear from you.
Closing: Must go now.

ex 6/ page 65 

1.    How are you doing?
2.  I don’t like the colour.
3.  There’s a living room, a dining room and a kitchen downstairs.
4.  I’m really excited!
5.  Sorry I didn’t write earlier.
6.  I’m writing to tell you the latest news.
7.   Hi, how are you?
8.  It isn’t very big.
9.  I like it a lot!
10.                    I’ve got a bed, a desk and a wardrobe in my room.

ex 7/ page 65 

Dear Jack
Greetings from Budapest! The city is beautiful and there 1) is so much to see. Have you ever been here 2) ? 3) I’m having a great time with my brother. We 4) are staying in a small hotel 5) on the Pest side of the river. Yesterday, we 6) went to Buda Castle. The view was great but by far the 7) most impressive view was from the top of Gellert Hill 8). You can see the entire city from here. I haven’t bought any souvenirs 9) yet. I also have to get presents for you 10), my parents, Phoebe and my Grandma but I still have time.
Anyway, I have to go. We’re going to Margaret Island today. Hope you’re having a good holiday.
See you when I get back.
Take care,
Ronald

ex 8/ page 65 

1.    Sorry for not writing for so long.
2.     Must go now.
3.     I just wanted to ask you about your holiday plans.
4.     I haven’t heard from you for a while.
5.     I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been ill.
6.     Let me know as soon as possible.
7.     Write back soon.
8.     Hi from Rome.
9.     It was good to hear from you.
10. (I) Hope to hear from you soon.

ex 9/ page 65 

1.    Sorry for not writing for so long.
2.     This is just to let you know that I’m having a wonderful time here in Cornwall.
3.     Write back soon.
4.     I’d better get going.
5.     Take care.

ex 10/ page 65 
a.   2
b.     8
c.      7
d.     4
e.      6
f.       1
g.     9
h.     3
i.       5
j.       10

ex 11/ page 65 

a)
1. I am going to write an informal email about my free-time activities and why I like doing them.
2. My English pen-friend, Thomas, is going to read it.
3. B Dear Thomas
4. A Take care

b)
Dear Wilma
How are you? I’m writing to tell you what I do in my free time.
I love meeting my friends and going shopping because we always have such a great time. I also really like surfing the Net and I usually go to the cinema with my friends once a month to see the latest film.
How about you? What do you enjoy doing in your free-time? Write back soon.
Take care,
Edna


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu