miercuri, 22 mai 2013

SNAPSHOT - PRE-INTERMEDIATE - LANGUAGE BOOSTER - UNIT 17



Rezolvarea exercitiilor de la Unit 17: HE SAID HE’D BEEN AWAY.  din manualul la limba engleza pentru clasa a V-a intitulat SNAPSHOT - PRE-INTERMEDIATE - Workbook with Grammar Builder, Editura Longman, Autori Brian Abbs, Chris Barker si Ingrid Freebairn, Editia 1999

SNAPSHOT - PRE-INTERMEDIATE - WORKBOOK WITH GRAMMAR BOOSTER - Unit 17

Snapshot - Pre-Intermediate - ex 1 / page 68

1. they worked at The Cliff Hotel.
2. was waiting for a phone call.
3. she hadn’t enjoyed the disco.
4. they had been on a boat trip.
5. he would turn the music down.
6. she couldn’t stop hiccupping.


Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 2 / page 68
  
2. Anthony said he hadn’t got good marks in his Maths exam and that he could do better. 
3. Leanne said she hadn’t achieved much that year and she planned to use her time better.
4. Alexa said she spent too much money and she was going to start saving.
5. Brandon said he was going to join a football team because he needed to do more sport.
6. Sara said she was a bit shy and she would try to be more outgoing.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 3 / page 69

Dear Pete,
I’ve been traveling in the Northern Territory for a week. I started my journey in Alice Springs.
Alice Springs was really disappointing. I saw only Ayers Rock from the plane but I’d go back some day to see it properly. I am in Darwin now and I’ll send you another postcard next week from the Great Barrier Reef.
See you soon,
Tony

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 4 / page 69

The first person I enterviewed was Deanne from Portland, Oregon, USA. She said she was in London and she had a great time. She didn’t want to leave.
Then I spoke to Karin. She thought that English boys were so unemotional, but they were quite friendly. Manuela said that they didn’t like the grey river but they loved the street life of the capital.
Than I spoke to Yin Wing, Wng Hsiao Mei and Ho Wing Yan from Hong Kong, China. They said that they had been learning English for seven years but they hadn’t been to England before. Justin and Greer from South Africa told me that they were hoping to find jobs there. But they hadn’t made up their minds how long they would stay.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 5 / page 70

1. importance
2. entertainment
3. performance
4. invention
5. demonstration
6. communication 

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 6 / page 70

1. winner
2. invention
3. performance
4. demonstration
5. education
6. transmitter
7. achievement
8. equipment
9. communication
10. relation
11. government
12. distance

The mysterious word is: ENTERTAINMENT

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 7 / page 71

Alex: Hello.
Tanya: Hello. Who am I speaking to?
Alex: It’s Alex. I’m a friend of Sanjay’s.
Tanya: Oh, I see. Can I speak to Sanjay, please?
Alex: I’m afraid he’s out.
Tanya: When will he be back?
Alex: I don’t know. He didn’t say. Can I take a message?
Tanya: No thanks, it doesn’t matter. I’ll ring back later.
Alex: OK. I’ll tell him you called.
Tanya: Thanks. Bye.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 8 / page 71

Aici raspunsurile pot varia de la elev la elev. Un posibil raspuns poate fi:

You: Hello, who are you?
Friend: I’m Angela. I would like to speak to your mother.
You: Just a minute, please. I’m not sure if my mom is in. Let me check. Ok?
Friend: ok.
You: I was right. She’s not in. Can I take a message for her?
Friend: no, thanks. I’ll call back later.
A little latter the phone rings again.
You: Hello!
Friend: Hi, I’m Angela. Did your mother come back?
You: Yes, she’s on the balcony. Just a minute, please. I go on the balcony to call my mom.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 9 / page 71

1. I haven’t made up my mind yet.
2. I told him that I couldn’t read his writing.
3. They said they would come next Friday.
4. Joe said he’d phoned but he couldn’t get threw.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 10 / page 71

1. appearance
2. argument
3. composer
4. climber, climbing
5. invention, inventor
6. performance, performer
7. introduction, introducing

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate 
COOL FM 7 / page 72

1.    That she was a friend of Scott.
2.  Jeff knows that Natalie’s favourite song is “Truly, madly, deeply”.
3.  That this is the song used to her favourite.
4.  Because it was the song sung by him last evening.
5.  That there is somebody who wants to talk to her.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu