joi, 2 mai 2013

SNAPSHOT - PRE-INTERMEDIATE - LANGUAGE BOOSTE - WORKBOOK - UNIT 4



Rezolvarea exercitiilor de la Unit 4: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HERE? din manualul la limba engleza pentru clasa a V-a intitulat SNAPSHOT - PRE-INTERMEDIATE - Workbook with Grammar Builder, Editura Longman, Autori Brian Abbs, Chris Barker si Ingrid Freebairn, Editia 1999

SNAPSHOT - PRE-INTERMEDIATE - WORKBOOK WITH GRAMMAR BOOSTER - Unit 4

Snapshot - Pre-Intermediate - ex 1 / page 17

1. interesting - uninteresting
2. comfortable - uncomfortable
3. pleasant – unpleasant/ ugly
4. expensive - cheap
5. unpopular - popular


Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 2 / page 17

Cold, slow, bad, expensive/ costly, dry, ugly, unusual, independent, unsuccessful, informal, unpractical, incorrect/ wrong, old-fashioned, unimportant, impossible, immature

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 3 / page 18

1. I have had a headache for two days.
2. Has she been on the phone for two hours?
3. They have lived in Paris for ages.
4. We haven’t gotten any letters for a week.
5. She has done a lot of work on Tuesday.
6. He hasn’t gone on holiday for three years.
7. Have you read all those books since the beginning of term?
8. I haven’t seen my cousins since last August.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 4 / page 18

1. as tall as
2. shorter
3. the tallest
4. as good as
5. worse
6. the worst
7. as expensive as
8. more exciting
9. the cheapest

We can use “much” in sentences 2, 5 and 8.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 5 / page 19

1. They have lived there since 1990. They have lived there for 9 years.
2.  He hasn’t had a letter from her since March. He hasn’t had a letter from her for 3 months.
3. I’m here since 1.30. I’m here for 3 hours.
4. She hasn’t played tennis since July 1st. She hasn’t played tennis for 15 days.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 6 / page 19

1. bigger than
2. as big as
3. lighter than
4. as heavy as
5. as good as
6. the best 

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 7 / page 19

Raspunsurile pot varia de la elev la elev; un posibil raspuns poate fi urmatorul:

I’m not as tidy as my sister.
I’m more friendly than my brother.
My mother is as beautiful as my father.
My brother is more independent than my sister.
My father is the most clever in our family.
He is also the most practical of all.
My brother is funnier than my sister.
My sister is very sporty.
She is maturee than my brother.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 8 / page 20

1. I’ve been a photographer since I was 18.
2. How did people in your family help you?
3. My father encouraged me to try photography.
4. Which famous people did you photograph?
5. I photographed Tom Cruise, Madonna, Liam Gallagher and many other celebrities.
6. Did you make a lot of money in the last two years?
7. Yes, I made a lot of money. 

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate - ex 10 / page 20

1. I have been living here since 1990.
2. Malibu is one of the best beaches in the USA.
3. This beach is much cleaner than that one.
4. How long have you been there?
5. Look for a practice solution to the problem.
6. That was an unpleasant thing to say.

Snapshot -  Pre-Intermediate 
COOL FM 2 / page 21

1.    Scott feels nervously.
2.  Sophie wants to interview him because they’re doing a radio programme about young people in Sydney.
3.  Yes, he has been there before.
4.  Because her friend is in Sydney.
5.  He is going to the hostel in George Street.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu