miercuri, 30 martie 2016

CAE GOLD PLUS - COURSEBOOK - UNIT 14


Rezolvarea exercitiilor din manualul de limba engleza intitulat CAE GOLD PLUS – Course Book, autori Nick Kenny, Jacky Newborn and Richard Acklam, Editura Longman, Editia 2008

CAE UNIT 14: IT’S HOW YOU TELL IT

Reading 1: page 166

Ex. 3
  1. A
  2. B
  3. B
  4. D
  5. A
  6. C

Use of English: page 168

Ex. 3
  1. such
  2. may/could/might
  3. there
  4. would
  5. who
  6. on/down
  7. into/within
  8. as
  9. of
  10. a
  11. that/which
  12.  (al)though/while(st)
  13.  yet
  14.  like
  15.  its


Ex. 4
1
1.      word of mouth
2.    poetry changed
3.    not very popular – occasional performances

Ex. 5
This is just to say
I have eaten
The plums
That were in
The icebox
And which
You were probably
Saving
For breakfast
Forgive me
They were delicious
So sweet
And so cold
(William Carlos Williams)

Vocabulary 1: page 169

Ex. 1
  1. volumes
  2. copies
  3. best-seller
  4. edition
  5. whodunit
  6. thriller
  7. paperback
  8. blurb

Ex. 2
1.      browsing
2.    wading through
3.    dipping into
4.    skimming

Listening: page 170

Ex. 2
  1. B
  2. A
  3. C
  4. B
  5. A
  6. B

Vocabulary 2: page 171

Ex. 3
pounding; from head to foot; burst in

Writing: page 172

Ex. 2
3
1.      a whodunit/thriller
2.    semi-formal
3.    businessman, dilemma, struggle, reservation

4
a.     a real page turner
b.    the story is full of twists
c.     stumbles across
d.     a quick read

Grammar: page 173

Ex. 1
  1. recommendation
  2. believe
  3. incredibly/disappointing
  4. because/movement
  5. argument
  6. their/choice
  7. practice/supple
  8. comfortable/afford/ourselves
  9. what/watching
  10. benefit/languages
  11. psychology/useful

Watch out!
1a, 2b, 3b
It’s = It is
You’re = You are
Video’s = possessive
Videos = plural

Ex. 4
1.      I do like going to the cinema; however, I really didn’t enjoy the last film I saw.
2.    My favourite English meal is fish and chips, although I also like roast beef.
3.    I’m meeting my friends at the theatre because they’re probably going to arrive quite late.
4.    My five-year-old nephew loves reading – it’s really good that he does.
5.     It was your idea to go out last night so it’s not my fault that you are tired this morning!
6.    People say that young people don’t read much nowadays, so how often do you read a book?
7.     I find it very strange the way English people eat potatoes with every meal!
8.    I couldn’t answer the last question in the test so I asked the teacher afterwards.
9.    The reviews of the film were really good, so I was very disappointed that I couldn’t go.
10.                        Let’s go to the show tonight instead of Saturday, because I’m really looking forward to it and I can’t wait!

Ex. 5
1
This book grabbed me from the first page; whenever I had to put it down; I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It’s not unlike a Sherlock Holmes novel, but set in New York and not England. The story’s full of twists and turns; these kept me guessing the whole time. The author’s attention to detail brings the city vividly to life. Overall it was a thrilling, exciting read and I’m sure you’re going to love it!

Reading: page 176

Ex. 1
2
A.   Being aware of your particular issues
1 Do   2 Don’t
B. Looking after your body
3 Don’t   4 Do
C. Getting into the swing of it
5 Don’t   6 Do
D. Making the most of past papers
7 Do   8 Don’t
E. Keeping yourself going
9 Don’t   10 Do
F. Getting things into your head
11 Do  12 Don’t   13 Do



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu