luni, 25 august 2014

GENERATION 2000 - WORKBOOK - UNIT B


Rezolvarea exercitiilor de la UNIT B din caietul de lucru de limba engleza intitulat GENERATION 2000 WORKBOOK 2, Autori Colin Granger, Digby Beaumont si Ken Singleton, Editura Heinemann, editia 1993

UNIT B LESSON 11

Ex. 1a/ page 21

1.     Where are you going?; To Britain.
2.   When do you leave?; On Monday evening.
3.   Where do you fly from?; From Sao Paulo.
4.   How will you get to the airport? ; By coach.
5.    Where will you stay in Britain? ; In Edinburgh.
6.   How long will you stay in Edinburgh? ; For two weeks.
7.    When will you come back to Brazil? ; On the 25th.
8.   What time will you arrive in Sao Paulo? ; At 7.00 the next morning.


Ex. 1b/ page 21

1.     She’s going to Britain.
2.   She’ll leave on Monday evening.
3.   She’ll fly from Sao Paulo.
4.   She’ll get to the airport by coach.
5.    She’ll stay in Britain in Edinburgh.
6.   She’ll stay there for two weeks.
7.    She’ll come back to Brazil on 25th.
8.   She’ll get here at 7.00 next morning.

Ex. 1c/ page 21

1.     are you going
2.   are you staying
3.   is your sister going

Ex. 2/ page 21

1.     I’m going swimming this evening.
2.   I’m going dancing tomorrow afternoon.
3.   I’m going playing after school tomorrow.
4.   I’m going visiting my friend on Saturday evening.
5.    I’m going camping next Sunday.
6.   I’m going flying to Disneyland next summer.

Ex. 3/ page 21

Yes, I’m meeting a friend.

Ex. 4a/ page 21

1.     to
2.   by
3.   at
4.   out
5.    at; in
6.   from
7.    with
8.   at

Ex. 4b/ page 21

1. What time are you coming home?

UNIT B LESSON 12

Ex. 1a/ page 22

1.     You may lose something important.
2.   You may meet someone you like very much.
3.   You may have an accident.
4.   You may play a sport.
5.    You may receive a letter with bad news.
6.   You may have some problems at school.

Ex. 1b/ page 22

Choose your star sign. For example: Mine is Libra (23 September – 23 October).

Ex. 1c/ page 23

I may break some plates or glasses in the kitchen.
I may finish an important project.
I may lose something very important.
I may meet someone rich.
I may visit someone special.
I may win an important contest.

Ex. 2/ page 23

2. Children will learn from computers. OR Children won’t learn from computers.
3. Robots will do the housework. OR Robots won’t do the housework.
4. Life will be better. OR Life won’t be better.
5. People will read fewer books. OR People won’t read fewer books.
6. Everyone in the world will speak English. OR Everyone in the world won’t speak English.

Ex. 3/ page 23

2

Ex. 4a/ page 23

1.     boring
2.   easy
3.   bad
4.   sad
5.    stupid
6.   short
7.    unlucky
8.   poor
9.   curved
10.    weak

Ex. 4b/ page 23

1.     become
2.   have
3.   get
4.   be

UNIT B LESSON 13

Ex. 1a/ page 24

Lola: Hello Ivan. It’s Lola.
Ivan: Oh, hi Lola. How are you?
Lola: I’m very well, thanks. And you?
Ivan: I’m fine, thank you.

Ex. 1b/ page 24

2. Would you like to go dancing? ; I’m playing
3. Would you like to play tennis? ; have to be
4. Would you like to go to the cinema?

Ex. 2/ page 25

I’m going to read many books.
I’m going to visit my uncles.
I’m going to relax.
I have to do my homework.
I have to go shopping.
I have to help my mother.

UNIT B LESSON 14

Ex. 1/ page 25

1.     You mustn’t hit your brother.
2.   You must switch your light off now.
3.   You mustn’t put your fingers on the table.
4.   You must clean your teeth.
5.    You must take your trainers off.
6.   You must say thank you to your aunt.
7.    You mustn’t wash that in the bath.
8.   You mustn’t wake the baby.

Ex. 2a/ page 26

3. Can you
4.   Do you have to
5.    Can you
6.   Can you
7.    Do you have to

Ex. 2b/ page 26

In my country...
We can’t buy alcohol until we are 18.
We can drive a car when we are 18.
We have to go to work till 7 o’clock in the morning.
We don’t have to stay in school until we are 20.

Ex. 3/ page 26

1.     can
2.   must
3.   don’t have to
4.   mustn’t
5.    have to

Ex. 4/ page 26

1.     tidy a room
2.   stay out all night
3.   use bad language
4.   go to a party
5.    do the washing up
6.   be polite
7.    put on clothes
8.   listen to music

UNIT B LESSON 15

Ex. 1/ page 27

1.     T
2.   T
3.   F
4.   F
5.    T
6.   F
7.    T
8.   T

Ex. 2/ page 27
Has anyone lost a red address book? I found it near the school gates. Come and see if it is yours. My room number is 209.

Has anyone lost a compass? I found it in the science room two days ago. Please call me on 0040-5768-8725.

UNIT B LESSON 16

Ex. 1a/ page 28

2. were fighting
3. was looking
4. were dancing
5. was getting
6. was cooking
7. were drinking
8. was wearing

Ex. 1b/ page 28

2. What were Jenny’s mother and father looking at?
3. What was Jenny holding?
4. Where were Lisa and Steve sitting?
5. How many eggs was Jane cooking?
6. Where was Sam putting the food?

Ex. 1c/ page 29

2. They were looking at Jenny.
3. She was holding a bottle.
4. They were sitting in the living-room.
5. She was cooking five eggs.
6. He was putting the food on the floor.

Ex. 2/ page 29

Was cycling; was raining; was getting; stopped; got out; gave

Ex. 3/ page 29

1.     for
2.   at
3.   to
4.   at, at
5.    for

Ex. 2/ page 29

2 and 4

Ex. 5a/ page 30

1.     outside
2.   next to
3.   inside; behind
4.   in front of
5.    out of
6.   round
7.    into

Ex. 5b/ page 30

1.     drying; his clothes
2.   washing; a blouse
3.   getting; angry
4.   showing; their car
5.    looking; my phone
6.   carrying; some luggage

UNIT B LESSON 17

Ex. 1a/ page 31

2. What were the students doing when their teacher came in? What did they do then?
3. Where was the boy going when he saw the accident? What did he do then?
4. Where were the students cycling when the cat ran in front of them? What did they do then?
5. What was the man doing when the ladder fell down? What did he do then?
6. Who were the girls speaking to when their father came out? What did the boys do then?

Ex. 1b/ page 31

2. They were drawing; They sat
3. He was going; He rang
4. They were cycling; They fell
5. He was mending; He shouted
6. They were speaking; They ran

Ex. 2/ page 32

1.     I hurt my foot when I was playing tennis.
2.   I cut my finger when I was making a sandwich.
3.   I broke a plate when I was doing the washing up.
4.   I found my comb when I was doing the washing up.
5.    I fell off the chair when I was changing a light bulb.
6.   I collided with a car when I was riding home on my motorbike.

Ex. 3/ page 32

1.     started; was going
2.   had; was driving
3.   arrived; was waiting
4.   was having; rang

Ex. 4a/ page 32

1.     break; dropped
2.   felt; didn’t know
3.   answer
4.   broken
5.    run
6.   missed
7.    collided
8.   attacked

Ex. 4b/ page 32

1.     I felt angry because my friend was late.
2.   I felt happy because I found 10 pounds.
3.   I felt scared because I was watching a horror film.
4.   I felt depressed because I failed an exam.

GENERAL

Ex. 1/ page 33

are; am; going; am; must; want; meet; do; playing; ‘ve; would; go; ‘d; don’t; may; like; have; going; come; can; meeting; don’t; see; will; mustn’t; must; see.

Ex. 2/ page 33

1.     to play
2.   playing
3.   pack
4.   have
5.    getting
6.   get
7.    to be
8.   to buy
9.   to walk
10.    have
11.play
12.     to see
13.     to look
14.     swimming

Ex. 3/ page 34

1.     was watching
2.   were
3.   were
4.   were they doing
5.    were making
6.   did you do
7.    heard
8.   ran
9.   looked
10.                      did you see
11.were running
12.                       was holding
13.                       was anyone sitting
14.                       was
15.                       was she sitting
16.                       did the two men do
17.                       got
18.                      did you write
19.                       was trying
20.                     was writing
21.                       drove
22.                     heard
23.                     were you watching
24.                     were
25.                      weren’t
26.                     did you do
27.                      drove
28.                     told
29.                     phoned

Ex. 4a/ page 34

Subject: I, you, he, she, it, we, you, they
Object: me, you, him, her, it, us, you, them
Possessive adjective: my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their
Possessive pronoun: mine, yours, his, hers, its, ours, yours, theirs

Ex. 4b/ page 35

1.     your; mine
2.   me; my
3.   her
4.   him; her
5.    his
6.   their; ours
7.    his
8.   us

Ex. 5/ page 35

1.     save
2.   drop
3.   collide
4.   run
5.    press
6.   collect
7.    swap
8.   travel
9.   touch
10.    put on

Ex. 6/ page 35

Places: bank, cinema, club, repair shop
Jobs: barmaid, doorman, musician, technician
Parts of the body: hand, head, heart, palm



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu