miercuri, 25 noiembrie 2015

INNOVATIONS - UPPER INTERMEDIATE - UNIT 6


Rezolvarea exercitiilor din manualul de limba engleza pentru clasa XI si XII intitulat INNOVATIONS UPPER-INTERMEDIATE Second Edition, Editura Heinle Cengage Learning, Autori Hugh Dellar si Darryl Hocking 


UNIT 6: FLYING

READING

1. Your captain speaking
1.      False, but you must say at check-in who packed your luggage if you didn’t do it yourself.
2.    false
3.    true
4.    false
5.     true
6.    true

5. Vocabulary check
1.      handled (the pressure) (paragraph 2)
2.    avoided (flying) (paragraph 2)
3.    touched (down) (paragraph 3)
4.    (no) sign (of her) (paragraph 3)
5.     relations (between) (paragraph 4)
6.    turned (really cold) (paragraph 4)
7.     expecting (some important mail) (paragraph 5)
8.    (make a) fuss (paragraph 5)
9.    legal (aid) (paragraph 5)
10.             (second-class) citizens (paragraph 5)


USING VOCABULARY

1. Flying vocabulary
1.      g
2.    f
3.    b
4.    c
5.     j
6.    a
7.     h
8.    i
9.    d
10.            e

3. Watch, see, look
1.      see
2.    see, looks
3.    watch
4.    seen
5.     watch
6.    look
7.     watch
8.    see
9.    seen
10.      looked, see

USING VOCABULARY

1.     Adjectives: strong comparatives
Possible answers
1.      Oh, it went well – much better than I’d expected.
2.    Yeah, it was sweltering – much hotter than I thought it would be.
3.    Great – much easier than I’d expected.
4.    Oh, it went well – much better than I’d expected.
5.     It was fine – much nicer than I thought it would be.
6.    Yeah, it was really interesting – much better than I’d expected.

1. Strong adjectives
1.      Hot? It was boiling!
2.    Big? It’s enormous!
3.    Cold? It’s freezing!
4.    Quiet? It’s dead!
5.     Surprised? I was shocked!
6.    Small? It’s tiny!
7.     Good-looking? He’s gorgeous
8.    Scary? It was terrifying!

1.      e
2.    c
3.    b
4.    f
5.     h
6.    d
7.     g
8.    a

USING GRAMMAR

1. Gerunds and infinitives
1.      G/I
2.    I
3.    I
4.    G
5.     G/I
6.    I
7.     G/I
8.    G/I
9.    G
10.      G
11.   G/I
12. G/I
13. G
14. I
15.  G/I
16. I

3. Grammar check
1.      to learn
2.    to go
3.    in travelling
4.    with working
5.     with doing
6.    to get
7.     to go

USING VOCABULARY

1. Smoking
a.     smoker
b.    cigarettes
c.     cigarette
d.     smoking

1.      heavy, occasional
2.    give up, started
3.    put out
4.    ends
5.     advertising
6.    smoking


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu