miercuri, 17 februarie 2016

FACE2FACE - UPPER-INTERMEDIATE - UNIT 10


Rezolvarea exercitiilor din manualul de limba engleza pentru clasa XII intitulat FACE2FACE UPPER-INTERMEDIATE Second Edition, Editura Cambridge, Autori Chris Redston si Gillie Cunningham 

FACE 2 FACE UPPER-INTERMEDIATE

UNIT 10: THE GREAT DIVIDE

10A – HOW PRACTICAL ARE YOU?

1.a.
2. a lock
3. a duvet
4. a key
5. DIY
6. bath
7. a flat
8. the floor
9. a window
10. clothes


3.b.
1. Jan
2. Sheena
3. Penny
4. Donna

3.d.
1.d Jan
2. f Jan
3. a Jan
4. g Donna
5. h Donna
6. e Donna
7. I Sheena
8. b Penny
9. c Penny

4.a.
1. a; c
2. b
3. d

6.b.
1. A How much do you pay to get your duvet dry-cleaned?
    B I’m not sure. I haven’t had it cleaned for ages.
2. A Did you do the decorating yourself?
    B Yes, but I got my friends to help me.
3. A Did you dye your hair yourself?
    B No, I got my friend to do it for me.
4. A Have you had some new lights put in round the pool?
    B Actually, I put them in myself.
5. A When did you last get your car services?
   B I haven’t had it done recently.

7.b.
2. get … to help
3. ‘ve had/ had/ ‘ve got/ got … replaced
4. had/ got … put in
5. to have/ to get … painted
6. got … to do
7. get/ ‘ve got/ ‘ve been getting … to do
8. have/ get … redesigned

7.c.
Ken is married to Sheena. Sheena says in the recording that her husband works away quite a lot so she’s had to learn how to do a lot of things herself. Ken says in the text that because he was often away during the week she learned to do things around the house herself.

10B – NEW MAN

3.b.
The writer thinks that there are a lot of new men in Britain today. He says that all of his married friends are new men compared to their fathers’ generation. He also says that neither of his brothers wants the lifestyle that their father’s generation had, and certainly none of his students do.

3.c.
1.      He thinks that men now do more of the childcare and housework, and that they have got in touch with their feminine side.
2.    Both of them do most of the cooking for their families and neither of them spends hours in the pub with their friends watching football.
3.    Because they suggest that women are capable of being the breadwinner as well as running the home, and that men aren’t necessary any more.
4.    He is making the point that women still expect men to do traditional male tasks, such as changing a tyre or protecting the home.

5.a.
1.      None of
2.    have
3.    room
4.    no
5.     every
6.    Both of
7.     all of
8.    is
9.    owns

6.b.
2. no
3. none
4. anything
5. every
6. neither of
7. both of
8. either of
9. everyone
10. no one
11. all of

10C – THE SAME BUT DIFFERENT

2.b.
1.      F
2.    T
3.    T
4.    F
5.     T
6.    F

5.b.
1.      a
2.    c
3.    e
4.    d
5.     b

6.b.
1.      could
2.    do
3.    have
4.    isn’t
5.     don’t

10D – I DID TELL YOU!

2.a.
1.      T
2.    F
3.    F
4.    T
5.     T
6.    F

2.c.
1.      the kitchen (Polly)
2.    my jokes (Matt)
3.    a map (Tom)
4.    look at (Val)
5.     so light (Val)
6.    cooking (Matt)

5.b.
2. The thing I like about the food Polly cooks is it’s really healthy.
3. One thing that amazes me about Polly is she never gets angry.
4. The thing that worries me about Tom is he drives so fast.
5. One thing I love about Matt is his sense of humour.
6. What I don’t like about Tom is the way he interrupts me.
7. What annoys me about Matt is he never remembers my birthday.

10 REVIEW

1.a.
Across: roof, boiler, light bulb, fence, duvet, lock, tyres
Down: shelves, oil, leak

1.b.
Service a boiler, change a light bulb, put up a fence, dry-clean a duvet, replace a lock, check the tyres, put up shelves, check the oil, fix a leak

2.a.
1.      I’ve never had … dyed…
2.    I got … to help …
3.    I got … to alter …
4.    John’s having/’s going to have … put in …
5.     I got … to check …
6.    Has (Sue) had … fixed yet?
7.     How often do (you) get … serviced?

3.a.
chairperson; hero; flight attendant; firefighter; actor; manager; cousin; soldier

3.b.
widower - widow
headmaster – headmistress
nephew – niece
spokesman – spokeswoman
groom – bride

4.a.
1.      None of us work in education.
2.    Every adult has a car.
3.    Each person speaks more than one language.
4.    None of my cousins are married.
5.     No one wears glasses.
6.    Neither of my parents have blue eyes.
7.     All of us studied English at school.

PROGRESS TEST 10

1.
2. decorated
3. replaced
4. ‘s/is putting up
5. services
6. putting in
7. be dry-cleaned

2.
2. breakdown
3. food-poisoning
4. high-powered
5. babysitter
6. income tax
7. part-time
8. time-consuming
9. drawback
10. badly-cooked
11. homemade


3.
2. - 3. a chairwoman
4. a chairperson
5. a widow
6. a headmaster
7. a head teacher
8. a stewardess
9. a flight attendant
10. a groom/bridegroom
11. an actor
12. -
13. a firefighter
14. a spokesperson
15. a manager
16. a manageress
17. a nephew
18. –
19. a heroine
20. a hero
21. a saleswoman

4.
2. had/got … repaired
3. got … to help
4. had/got … fixed
5. having/getting … put in
6. get … to do
7. having/getting … decorated
8. have/get … redesigned
9. to get … to fix

5.
2. both of
3. are
4. anything
5. either
6. house
7. are
8. gets
9. both of
10. every
11. all of
12. is
13. anything
14. loves
15. neither of
16. all of the

6.
2. The thing that worries me about him is that he works too hard.
3. What I admire about him is his enthusiasm for everything.
4. One thing that amazes me about him is that he can find the time.
5. What annoys me about my brother is that he never answers my emails.
6. The thing I don’t like about him is that he doesn’t listen properly.
7. One thing I love about you is your sense of humour.

7.
3. ok
4. … enjoys being looked after …
5. ok
6. … invest some money in
7. ok
8. … shouldn’t have told
9. … such as the Oscars.
10. … had to be cancelled
11. ok
12. I wish I didn’t have to …
13. If only I’d/I had gone
14. … work as a nurse …
15. … read the review
16. ok
17. … fed up with being


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu