marți, 12 ianuarie 2016

CLICK ON 4 - STUDENT'S BOOK - UNIT 9


Rezolvarea exercitiilor din MANUALUL de Limba Engleza pentru clasa VIII intitulat CLICK ON 4 – Student's book, Editura Express Publishing, Autori Virginia Evans si Neil O'Sullivan, Editia 2002

UNIT 9: IT’S JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!

2.a.
You need a rowing boat and oars to go rowing.
You need a shopping bag and money to go shopping.
You need a swimsuit, suntan lotion and sun loungers to relax by a hotel swimming pool.
You need a raft, oars, a wetsuit, a helmet and a life jacket to go white water rafting.
You need a picnic basket and a tablecloth to have a picnic.
You need a helmet, a jumpsuit, a parachute and goggles to go skydiving.
You need a skateboard and knee pads to go skateboarding.

4.
Dialogue A: 2
Dialogue B: 3
Dialogue C: 1


5.
1.      F
2.    F
3.    F
4.    T
5.     F

6.a.
Sport: 2 archery; 5 skiing
Place: 3 pitch; 4 sports centre; 6 a fencing club
Equipment: 1 tees; 2 quiver; 3 gloves; 4 net; 5 poles; 6 mat, (mesh) mask

2. We do archery on a range using a bow, arrows and a quiver.
3. We play cricket on a pitch using a bat, pads, gloves and a ball.
4. We play table tennis at a sports centre using a table, net, bats and a ball.
5. We go skiing on a slope using a pair of skis, poles and ski boots.
6. We do fencing on a mat using a padded jacket, fencing breeches, gloves and a mask.

2 archery – archer
3 cricket – cricketer
4 table tennis – table tennis player
5 skiing – skier
6 fencing – fencer

7.
1.      windsurfing
2.    bungee jumping
3.    snowboarding
4.    horse riding
5.     kayaking
6.    fishing
7.     curling
8.    squash
9.    football
10.      karate

8.
1.      accurate
2.    supple
3.    co operative
4.    competitive
5.     patient
6.    agile
7.     daring
8.    careful

9.a.
Verb
Activities
collect
watch
play
go
do
make
stamps, shells, coins, postcards
a film, TV, a play, a show
tennis, golf, chess, cards
swimming, jogging, skiing, shipping
karate, a crossword, archery, fencing
models, a cake, clothes, jewellery

 10.a.
A. cinema
B. theatre
C. circus
D. amusement park
E. concert

1.      C
2.    E
3.    A
4.    B
5.     D

12.
1.      ball   To have the responsibility to take the next action or decision.
2.    skating  To do something risky which may have serious or unpleasant consequences
3.    throw   To give up
4.    swims  To not conform to general opinion
5.     jumped  To do sth before the proper time
6.    swing  To become familiar with sth

13.a.
1.      A – second conditional
2.    C – third conditional
3.    D – second conditional
4.    B – third conditional

13.b.
1.      If I had enough money, I would travel around the world. (unreal situation contrary to the facts in the present)
2.    If I were you, I would take up a sport. (giving advice)
3.    If I had lived then, I wouldn’t have liked it. (an imaginary situation contrary to the facts in the past)
4.    If I had woken up earlier, I wouldn’t have missed my flight. (expressing regret or criticism)

14.
1.      had, would buy
2.    had told, would have been
3.    hadn’t reminded, would have forgotten
4.    had played, would have won
5.     were, would join

15.
1.      … he would have scored.
2.    … he would come.
3.    … I would try another sport.
4.    … I would have told you.
5.     … we would have played football.
6.    … we would have won the match.

16.
1.      If I had studied, I wouldn’t have failed my finals.
2.    If I didn’t love films, I wouldn’t go to the cinema often.
3.    If I hadn’t forgotten to pay the bill, I would have had electricity.
4.    If I hadn’t sprained my ankle, I could have played tennis.
5.     If the car didn’t have a flat tyre, we could go for a drive.
6.    If I didn’t art, I wouldn’t visit the museum every Sunday.

17.a.
1.      present
2.    present
3.    past
4.    present

17.b.
1.      wish for things to be different in the present
2.    wish for things to be different in the present
3.    regret about something that happened in the past
4.    wish for things to be different in the present

1.      If only I had a camera with me.
2.    I wish I were in Hawaii.
3.    I wish I hadn’t missed your party.
4.    I wish I could play the piano.

18.
2. I wish it wasn’t pouring.
    If only it wasn’t pouring.
3. I wish I hadn’t eaten so many sweets.
    If only I hadn’t eaten so many sweets.
4. I wish I weren’t late for my dance class.
     If only I weren’t late for my dance class.
5. I wish I hadn’t broken my brother’s camera.
     If only I hadn’t broken my brother’s camera.
6. I wish I hadn’t missed the start of the game.
     If only I hadn’t missed the start of the game.
7. I wish I had seen Michael Owen score the goal.
     If only I had seen Michael Owen score the goal.

19.a.
1.      Joe wishes he could go to Wimbledon.
2.    Joe wishes he hadn’t sprained his wrist.
3.    Joe wishes he could go water-skiing.
4.    Joe wishes he could play football with David Beckham.
5.     Joe wishes he hadn’t lost his wallet.

19.b.
I wish I could speak more languages.
I wish I lived on my own.
I wish I didn’t have to work today.
I wish I had come with you on holiday.
I wish I hadn’t bought that leather jacket.
I wish I had heard the alarm.

20.a.
2 have spent
3 spent
4 hadn’t spent

20.b.
1.      present/future
2.    past
3.    present
4.    past

21.
1.      didn’t make
2.    have stayed
3.    hadn’t gone
4.    watch
5.     finished

22.
I’d rather have a career than stay at home.
I’d rather have more free time than be very busy.
I’d rather have less money than be tired all the time.
I’d rather live in the countryside than in a big city.
I’d rather have a few good friends than many superficial ones.
I’d rather study literature than science.
I’d rather travel to faraway places than to neighbouring countries.

23.
1.      to
2.    ok
3.    the
4.    to
5.     so
6.    being
7.     ok
8.    been
9.    out
10.      ok
11.  ok
12.so
13.as
14.ok
15. had

24.
1.      I were you, I would – second conditional
2.    wish I hadn’t been – regret about something that happened in the past
3.    if he did not take – second conditional
4.    only she had come – regret about something that did not happen in the past
5.     would rather buy a computer – would rather – expressing preference
6.    I would have bought – third conditional
7.     he would be in – second conditional
8.    had not been driving – third conditional

25.
1.      back
2.    off
3.    on
4.    against
5.     back
6.    up
7.     off

1.      hit back at someone: criticize or harm someone after they criticized or harmed you.
2.    hit it off: to like another person as soon as you meet.
3.    hit on sth: think of it, especially as a solution to a problem
4.    hold something against someone: allow sth sb did wrong in the past to influence you negatively about that person
5.     hold back sth: not allow yourself to show it e.g. an emotion.
6.    hold up sth: prevent it from taking place or delay it.
7.     hold sb off: fight off or resist an opponent or enemy.

26.
1.      eighth
2.    snowboarding events
3.    town/Portland
4.    athletic ability
5.     tiny mistake
6.    safety precautious
7.     danger
8.    cliff-diving competition

28.
1.      tennis
2.    golf
3.    scuba diving
4.    archery
5.     paragliding
6.    water-skiing
7.     basketball
8.    cycling
9.    working out at the gym

29.a.
1.      How can I help you?
2.    Would that be suitable?
3.    How much are they?
4.    … your name and credit card number, please?
5.     Where can I pick them up?

31.
The Olympic games were officially held for the first time in 776 BC at Olympia in Greece. They are held every four years. The venue is a difficult city each time.

32.
1.      hammer throwing
2.    javelin
3.    pole vault
4.    shot put
5.     high jump
6.    hurdles

33.a.
1.      e
2.    d
3.    a
4.    c
5.     f
6.    b

34.a.
1.      H
2.    F
3.    A
4.    I
5.     B
6.    E
7.     G

34.c.
focuses – concentrates on, deals with
take part – participate
taken place – happened
creating – causing to happen or exist
fairly – rather
bring about – cause to happen
highlight – most interesting or exciting part
directly – immediately
stressed – emphasizes
is composed – consists of, is made of
site – place where something happens
link – connection
truly – really

35.
1.      ancient – I love reading about ancient cities in Europe.
2.    event – John has taken part in a wide variety of sporting events.
3.    city – Athens will be the host city for the 2004 Olympic Games.
4.    athletic – Most sportsmen aim for athletic excellence and train hard every day.
5.     ideal – The Olympic ideal is to use sport to unite the world.
6.    coloured – The Olympic flag has got five coloured rings on it.
7.     points – The focal points of the exhibition are three paintings by Renoir.
8.    great – The charity ball was a great success.
9.    disabled – There should be more facilities for disabled athletes in this country.
10.      whole – The whole planet can come together through the Olympics.

36.
1.      by – This book is the best one I have ever read by far.
2.    to – Only a few people were invited to the party.
3.    for – What was the reason for his rude behaviour?
4.    in – She looked in the paper in the hope that she would find a job.
5.     from, to – After a bad start, our team has gone from strength to strength.
6.    for – We should aim for higher profits.
7.     of – We took his silence as a clear sign of his disappointment.
8.    of – Do you know who the founder of this school is?
9.    over – She built up the company into a huge firm over the years.
10.      by – All of these dresses were designed by Versace.
11.  of – The committee is composed of art critics.

37.
Words to be underlined: teacher, write an article, giving your opinion, ‘There is no place for sports and PE in the school curriculum.’
1.      An article giving our opinion.
2.    Your teacher.
3.    Formal style.

38.
A 2   B 3   C 5   D 4   E 1

39.a.
1.      b
2.    d
3.    a
4.    c
in favour of sports: b, d
against sports: a, c

39.b.
1.      c
2.    b
3.    a
4.    d

41.a.
Words/phrases to be underlined: local newspaper, asked, readers, submit articles, giving your opinion, ‘Business should provide sports and leisure facilities for their staff.’
1.      The editor and readers of the newspaper.
2.    I could use a quotation, proverb or saying or I could address the reader directly.
3.    A formal style because opinion articles are always written in a formal style.

44.
1.      T
2.    T
3.    F
4.    F
5.     F
6.    F

46.a.
1.      … they are playing football.
2.    … is played on a pitch.
3.    … show outdoor sports which are played in teams.
4.    … football twice a week/rugby every week.
5.     … team sports because I enjoy being with others.

48.a.
Equipment: golf – clubs, ball, tees; tennis – racket, ball, net; snooker – cue, balls; fencing – padded jacket, fencing breeches, gloves, mask, mat; basketball – ball, basketball hoop; ice hockey – hockey stick, puck, helmet; ice-skates; baseball – bat, baseball mitt, ball; cricket – bats, pads, gloves, ball
Place: golf – course; tennis – court; snooker – table; fencing – club; basketball – court; ice hockey – ice rink; baseball – field; cricket – pitch

48.b.
Golf – golfer; tennis – tennis player; snooker – snooker player; fencing – fencer; basketball – basketball player; ice hockey – ice hockey player; baseball – baseball player; cricket – cricketer

49.a.
a 4   b 2   c 3   d 6   e 1   f 5

49.b.
a swimming
b horce racing
c F1 racing
d cricket
e basketball
f tennis

50.a.
1.      D
2.    E
3.    A
4.    C
5.     B

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu